Friday, October 07, 2005

Better stick with the pork

You may recall how last winter, when I warned everybody about the Asian bird flu, everyone laughed at me. But now, the entire world is in a panic and scrambling to deal with it before it kills millions. Ha! Although I kind of wish I'd been wrong.

I give President Bush credit, though -- he appears to know quite a bit about this issue, unlike some other issues that when he speaks about them he gives the distinct impression that he's reading off the back of a cereal box. But as if he didn't have enough to worry about right now (Iraq, Katrina, nominating Bea Arthur to the Supreme Court), Forbes reports that he blew it when it came to stockpiling vaccine: "If the Bush administration had placed the order a few months ago, Tamiflu maker Roche could have delivered much of the United States' supply by next year."

Hey, better late than never! Except not really.

No comments: