Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Welcome back, your
Fo' Fo' was your ticket out

OK, I stood by when they cast Johnny Knoxville in the movie version of "The Dukes of Hazzard," but this time I can't remain silent. Ice Cube as Gabe Kotter? I hope no one will consider me racist when I point out that Ice Cube is not even close to being a wry, avuncular Jew. This is like casting Adam Sandler as "Shaft." (Although granted, that might be kind of funny.)

I'm fearing the worst:
Gabe: Julie, did I ever tell you about my Uncle Max?
Julie: No Gabe ... Tell me about your Uncle Max.
Gabe: Well, then get off my my d&%$, ni&%$!, and tell your b&%$! to come here!*

I can't wait to see the next TV remake, when they cast Ludacris as Barney Fife, and he finally gets to pop a cap in Otis's ass.

*Actual Ice Cube lyric. Comic strip swear symbols added.

1 comment:

Mom on the Run said...

who knows what they were thinking...maybe Horshack will be Lil Kim and Vinny will be the sexy Usher. I think they are just trying to update what a poor Brooklyn classroom looks like now and days (ummm, not all white people, and just 1 Latino will not count this time, who was that actor who played the Puerto Rican with the afro?).