Friday, February 12, 2010

What's scariest is that I think the principal was wearing the same jacket

My father just sent me an electronic photo album of old slides he had scanned into the computer, including this one, from my kindergarten graduation:



It raises all sorts of issues, such as: Why aren't any of the other kids dressed like a cross between a ringmaster and a tiny pimp? Even in 1974, was a burgundy sport coat with white piping and gold buttons and matching plaid pants and bow tie a good look for anybody? Was I secretly an Irish step dancer? Is it just sheer luck that I didn't grow up to be one of these guys? It's all very confusing.

5 comments:

Daddy Scratches said...

Hey, wait, didn't you wear something just like this to the CNC Christmas Party in 1996?

Dave Lifton said...

The labels and piping are straight out of the Jim Lange Collection. I love it because it's not me.

Anne Haines said...

The jacket, actually, is pure Captain Kangaroo: http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040123/040123_keeshan_vmed_3p.standard.jpg

The bowtie and pants take you a level past the good Cap'n though. ;)

Eric Lowe said...

Stunning. At least everything matches.

Pete Chianca said...

Captain Kangaroo -- that's it! Except with the bow tie and pants it's like Captain Kangaroo on his way to a bat mitzvah.