Saturday, January 26, 2008

In the Red Sox virtual waiting room ...

I'm in here right now for the first time, and I have to say it's pretty nice, although I thought they would have a better selection of magazines.

Like most ticket seekers, they planted me here in the virtual waiting room right before 10 a.m. when the single-game seats went on sale, and I'm left staring at the 30-second clicker tick down and then start up again, over and over and over ... Somewhere, John Henry is smoking big cigars and laughing his head off.

Meanwhile, I'm afraid to leave my terminal -- I feel like one of those day traders in the '90s you'd hear about, who'd get up to go the bathroom and lose half a million dollars. Which reminds me ... I shouldn't have had that large orange juice with breakfast.

No comments: