Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Meanwhile, I'll have to keep myself
occupied with the $29.99 talking Yoda


Looks like Lucas has been hanging around the
'Deep Space Nine' makeup trailer again.
Yes, I know I should be on my way to a midnight showing of “Revenge of the Sith” right about now. It's just that no matter how good it is, I'm afraid it can't erase the memory of Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman's dialogue from Episode II, which I believe was lifted straight out of a diary entry my sister wrote when she was 12.
I know the diehards will bristle at that remark, although why they're so sensitive I don't know. I suppose it could be the added pressure of filling the great geek gap left when the “Star Trek: Enterprise” was cancelled, thus officially turning Trekkies into the surly old drunks of the science fiction convention set — you can now find them down at the end of the bar, with the guy dressed like Gort from “The Day The Earth Stood Still.”
Anyway, I'll be sure to post my impressions when I eventually do see it, although that could be a while: My kids are too young to go, and I'm pretty sure my wife would try to distract me by throwing the popcorn and then sneak into "The Upside of Anger." Or I could go by myself, and squeeze between Comic Book Guy and whoever that is dressed as Boba Fett.
Or I can wait for the DVD.

No comments: