Thursday, August 13, 2009

Time-travel movies are on our side, yes they are

My latest "Farkakte Film Flashback" is up on popdose.com, and in honor of The Time Traveler's Wife, I'm doing a random rewind to great (and a few not-so-great) time travel movies of the distant past. No, not Back to the Future -- that would be too easy.

Instead, I'm talking about films like the classic Unidentified Flying Oddball (1979):
Full disclosure: I have not seen this Disney flick since I watched it in the theater when I was 10. Basically all I remember is that it featured an astronaut and his look-alike robot traveling back in time to meet King Arthur, the astronaut was played by a guy who’d been in every TV show ever made (although wisely didn’t use his real name in the credits to this movie), and that if smartphones had been invented in 1979, I would have probably spent the entire movie texting “WTF???” to everyone I knew.
See the whole piece here.

No comments: