Thursday, August 25, 2005

Well, here's the problem
-- this says hair spray!

In Alaska this week, a man apparently owes his life to his faithful Brittany spaniel, who helped him fend off an attacking grizzly bear. I love my dogs, but I can't help but wonder if they'd actually fight a bear for me. What do you think?

(Personally, I suspect my golden retriever would be of the most assistance if the bear tripped over her while she was sleeping, and as for my black lab puppy, maybe she could chew the bear to death. It works with Barbie dolls.)

Still, I know they'd do their best, just like the dog in Alaska. Although the owner is apparently not taking any chances: According to the AP, "Paterna said he plans to carry a larger can of bear spray in the future." I've never heard of bear spray, but of course, I live in Massachusetts -- I bet in Alaska they carry it in the 7-Elevens, right next to the Moose-Be-Gone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Oh look, a crazed 600-pound grizzly bear. Why don't I spray him with this aerosol substance? That should do the trick."

No-L said...

My 3 and 1/2lb Yorkie would attack and my 55lb Boxer would probably shake her butt and try to lick the bear to death. I think I would need to buy the spray stuff.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the bear would know that you had the spray and like the old bugs bunny cartoon with the hairy monster bit you could give him a great dew!