Tuesday, March 04, 2008

You want hope? I'll give you some hope!

The New Republic reports that Hillary has adopted Bruce Springsteen's "Land of Hope and Dreams" as her entrance music, which seems odd given her decidedly anti-hope stance in recent weeks. I guess her hope is realistic, policy-driven, ready-on-day-one kind of hope, as opposed to Obama's hope, which is composed primarily of pixie dust and the hazy mist that rises off unicorns after they bathe.

The comments to this piece are particularly enjoyable (from a Springsteen fan's perspective, not a Clinton-backer's). Like this one:
If Clinton's looking for some Springsteen songs to more accurately sum up the way her campaign's gone so far, might I recommend "I'm Going Down," "Wreck On the Highway," "Lost In The Flood," or "If I Should Fall Behind."

No comments: