- "That Tim Burton 'Shaggy Dog' movie. I mean, a guy turns into a dog? Come on."
- "Have you seen 'Big Momma's House 2'? Like anyone would believe that's a real black woman."
- "Those movie popcorn sizes -- who can eat that much popcorn? They give you like 10 pounds of it to justify charging you eight bucks, but I'd rather have a smaller popcorn and pay less money."
- "'Failure to Launch' -- you can't see it, but I'm putting my finger down my throat."
- "People who pronounce my name 'Prolcks.' Don't they see the 'x' in there?"
Thursday, March 16, 2006
What's yankin' Annie Proulx's chain today?
This just in: "Brokeback Mountain" author Annie Proulx, fresh off her scathing essay in The Gaurdian about the Academy giving the Best Picture Oscar to "Crash," has released the following list of cinematic atrocities that really push her buttons: