Monday, March 21, 2005

I hear he's moving on to pleather, whatever that is


Leather? Polyester? Only his tailor knows for sure.

Well, looks like we'll find out this summer if Tom Jones will actually keep his promise (threat?) not to wear leather pants any more when he hits the road with the Tower of Power horns, stopping at the Bank of America Pavilion in Boston for not one but two (2) nights this July (take that, Huey Lewis!). As I've said before, I'm against Tom losing the leather, the open-to-the-navel shirts or the tendency to spend most of his concerts dodging a flittering barrage of panties. Because you take away all those things, and what do you have? That's right, Conway Twitty.

Anyway, good seats are still left for those of you who have yet to experience all things Tom. If you're looking for me, I'll be the guy in Section 2, Row R singing along to "She's a Lady." I'd even even wear leather pants, if I didn't think my rear end would reject them like a bad kidney.

No comments: